Old Railway Station
The last act in the Jewish tragedy of Thessaloniki took place between March 15 and August 2, 1943, at the city’s Old Railway Station, where Jews were stacked into livestock carriages and sent off to the extermination camps at Auschwitz-Birkenau and Bergen-Belsen.
Since 1951, the Old Railway Station has been used to transport goods. An old railway administrative building, built in 1871, featuring a monument with historic details on the Baron Hirsch Jewish district, established in 1892 to house Jews displaced by a fire, may be seen here.
INFO: Stathmou Str. (new west entrance)